6.13.2011

Designer Profile: Kyle Bunting

It has come to my attention that in trying to challenge myself, I may have strayed from my own style in the last 2 posts. For my first designer profile, I chose Kyle Bunting, whose style and medium is more my taste than anything I can think of.


 I have recently seen his work in all of the design magazines that I subscribe to. His skull chairs, included in my Andy Warhol post, are often featured. With over 10 years of experience, this innovative designer uses hide in ways that have never been done before. Kyle's products include rugs, art, wallcoverings and furniture, all of which can be specified in any design, color and size. He and his team work out of their studio in the beautiful Texas Hill Country (jealous!). Readers in Dallas may recall his whimsical installation at the W Hotel.


What I love about his rugs is the use of a somewhat traditional medium mixed with contemporary designs and colors. His furniture employs classic shapes with original patterns. And of course, everything in his portfolio has incredible texture. Here are some of my favorites:

Rugs








Wallcoverings




Furniture & Upholstery





DO YOU LOVE HIS WORK AS MUCH AS I DO?

1 comment: