11.04.2011

Trending: The Ever-Elegant Bar Cart

A few weeks ago, I got the urge to add to my living room. I don't know if it was all the Mad Men I had been watching or the Southern belle in me, but I had to have a bar cart. No good hostess should go without one, and with my family coming into town, we rushed out to buy, assemble and stock (and empty, and re-stock) one right away. I'll show you mine first so it doesn't look so measley after all the inspiration images. After all, I'm not a professional photographer...yet.





I think we did a nice job. The cart and trays are from Ikea. Zach attached the wine glass rack in some special way so it would look like it came that way, but really all the attachments were bought separately. The coral (in my favorite color, turquoise) was a lucky find at Marshall's, but I was too cheap to buy it, so Zach surprised me with it the next day. The other little trinkets are gifts with special meaning to me. And the mirror was stashed away in my closet, but I was desperate to find a place for it and it ties the cart in with the rest of the room nicely.

Here are some images of beautiful and unique bar carts, which I will someday recreate when I'm no longer on an Ikea & Marshalls budget.

Pretty:

Absolutely gorgeous, I have to have both:
 

Totally cool and unique, if I'd had more time I would have searched til I found the perfect piece to repurpose and put Zach to work. I'm jealous:

The next one is just beautiful. Industrial and nautical at the same time. With some bottles on the floor and a crate on the table, it doesn't look too hoity-toity. And everything looks repurposed, which I love.


And finally...this gem:


See the bar cart way back there? I love this whole room. It's just all my favorite things in one space. A comfy couch, modern chairs, a romantic chandelier and antlers! And...I spy a Kyle Bunting rug!

Moral of the story: Whether you get it at Ikea or an upscale store, or even at a flea market, whether you use it as a side table or a sideboard, whether you put your bottles on a tray or on the floor....you need a designated bar cart or table area in your home. They just make you look like you know how to throw a party. And they're pretty. So to help you get started, here's about a million to choose from.


Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Misty and I made one of these little beauties for us on your recommendation. It is nothing short of a conversation starter. We love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete