11.09.2011

Bragging Rights: The Future of Taylormade Interiors

There are going to be some exciting things happening around Taylormade Interiors in the coming months. In an effort to add to my portfolio and gain experience, I will be launching a new online design service. My wonderful mother who is in Florida gave me the chance to redesign the outdated lobby of her real estate office, and apparently everyone likes it so much they want me to help with their own homes!

These are some before images of the lobby, and I will have afters very soon!


Since I'm in Chicago, the lobby project was created through our collabration over e-mail. This is how it worked:

First, I received photographs and dimensions of the space to be redesigned. Then we talked about what she wanted to change. In the future, I will have a formal questionnaire to help with identifying our goals. After I knew what the client wanted and needed, I got to work finding pieces that would fit into her budget. I gave her a series of images like the ones below with sources and prices, and let her choose some of her favorites.



In addition to these types of images, I could also do moodboards or maybe even renderings for larger projects. For this type of online design service, there would be a flat fee and I'd be paid through PayPal. So there's nothing to lose- the same low price no matter how large the space! And I'm working on getting discounts for clients from some of my favorite websites. 

The idea is that I work closely with the client along the way so that it's a team effort and there are no unpleasant surprises. Online design services are perfect for someone who just needs help getting started, someone who wants to have a hand in the design but needs a push in the right direction.

I need some help with some areas of this before it can become a reality. First of all, I need suggestions for a better name than "online design services." Secondly, I need graphic design help. These are my attempts at a logo:


I know, they're total opposites. I really like the first one since it is simple and pretty gender neutral. But I like the traditional and rustic aspects of the second one. I'm leaning towards the first one because I think the second would take peoples attention away from photos of the interiors. If anyone out there wants to help with a better logo, an eye-catching ad, or a website, please Facebook me or email me at taylormadeinteriors@yahoo.com. Otherwise, just let me know any thoughts or suggestions regarding the logos or the service itself. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Taylor,

    I think the on-line service is an excellent idea. The next time I have something to decorate, I'll give your service a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of online decor. I hope everything goes well. I have been reading your other blogs and am super excited to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bar cart ideas! Now I want one too. Every blog you post is so interesting - you have a great knack for finding cool stuff. Looking forward to your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the office redo. Definitely a hit.
    I'll bet that even the office manager was overwhelmed by how nice the project turned out.

    Awaiting your next winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first logo. Simple & elegant & modern.

    ReplyDelete