5.17.2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Taylormade Interiors, the blog I have created as a place to record all of my design inspiration. As a current graduate student at Harrington College of Design in Chicago, inspiration is all around me. Currently I am obsessing over industrial lighting, the Hollywood Regency style, embossed wallpaper, and ceilings with visual interest. You can expect posts about all of these trends soon!

School is keeping me very busy this summer so my goal is to post 3 times a week rather than every day. I plan on having some fun weekly features such as "Museum Mondays," where I will focus on art- the different styles and mediums and how they are used interestingly in spaces; "Whimsy Wednesdays," where I relate some crazy design trend or a unique interior I have seen recently; and "Furniture Fridays," where I choose a style of furniture, show examples, and explain how to recognize that style. Other posts might explain the essentials of design such as color theory, paint types, or textile uses. I hope to make design less daunting by bringing it back to the basics and making it fun!

Mostly, I want this to be my cheery little corner of the world where I can share current projects, give and get advice, and pretty much just share pictures I love!

For now, I'm off to write a paper on "The Influence of the 1933 World's Fair on Chicago Architecture." Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment